Understanding Social Networking Sites
There are some impressive stats out there that promote the size and worth of social networks like Facebook.
Recent news has announced that Facebook has reached the 400 million active users mark with 50% of user’s login in on any given day. Combined with this news current research suggests 26% of UK retailers have a twitter account. The big question is how to tap into these networks and produce a marketing avenue that converts.
Network Intellect believes the challenge is to create a loyal fan base and get your customers interacting with your business. If you promote your social networking page effectively there is no reason why it cannot generate another revenue stream for your business. Take Dell for example, they believe to have generated $6.5 million from their twitter page.
Understanding how to tap into this medium to market your business can be daunting, so Network Intellect have produced five simple points to help getting you started:
- Register your user name now! You don’t want your brand name to be snapped up when you come to register at a later date.
- Sell your business! Nobody knows you business better than you, write a business profile that really sells your business.
- Engaged with your fans! Social networks are all about communication, get your fans talking by discussion treads, blogs, polls and inviting questions. Remember any concerns voiced by you fans can always be turned into a positive.
- Make your page engaging! Use your Blog, customise your page, send regular messages/posts, post videos/pictures. Use all the tools available on the site to aid all aspects of the marketing mix to promote your business.
- Freebies! People love to get something for free, make them feel appreciated for being a loyal fan/customer by offering promotional coupons, discounts, services or prizes.