The Battle with Unwelcomtse Advert
Adverts should connect you with relevant products or services. Unfortunately many of them don’t serve this purpose and unwelcome adverts abound on the internet.
The Battle with Unwelcome Advert
Bad advertisements can ruin your entire online experience.
Some are just a nuisance. Google recognises them to an extent:
- firstly, by affecting the page rank of sites with too many inline ads and slow loading,
- or which users avoid due to poor quality scores as a result of low relevancy,
- also, whilst others are considered dangerous and banned.
Google tries to use advanced technology, with teams all over the world and a set of policies to recognise and fight unwelcome adverts.
780million adverts were disabled for violation of policies last year. This number is still growing while new protections and rules are put in place.
- weight loss marketers often mislead people. Others try to trick people to get their personal details. Google successfully blocks a big chunk of them. Generally targets counterfeiters, pharmaceutical adverts that violate healthcare and medicines policy, weight loss scams.
- Last year Google blocked thousands of sites wile fighting phishing and unwanted software which tricks people into interaction.
Also, Google has created tools for audiences to control ads which might be violating policies, using a link on the ‘ads by google’ text that appears on some adverts.
Further restrictions and protections against malware and bots will be introduced in 2016.