SMBs Should Focus On Search, Not Social Media
Social can be a very effective marketing tool, particularly when it comes to brand awareness and engagement, but how effective is social media when it comes to customer acquisition for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs)?
SMBs are increasingly placing importance on social media marketing as a customer acquisition tool, while placing less emphasis on search marketing.
1. Search gets SMBs in front of prospective customers who aren’t already familiar with their brand. New customer acquisition is the primary objective, and search allows SMBs to get in front of prospective customers who aren’t already familiar with their brand, but are in need of their products or services.
2. Searchers are more likely to convert into customers. Social media is used by people to socialise, where search engines are used by people when they want to find something. The fact that searchers are actively searching for the products or services you offer makes them much more likely to become a customer than someone who simply likes your Facebook page.
3. Search allows customers to easily find your business on the go. Search engines make it easy to find information such as phone numbers and directions to local businesses on mobile devices. 88% of people who search for local information with a smartphone take action within a day, such as calling or visiting a local business, according to Google.
4. Social media marketing isn’t easy. Some SMBs tend to put most of their attention into social media because they perceive it as being easy and inexpensive, while perceiving search marketing as the complete opposite. However, a well-executed social media campaign is not easy, particularly if the goal is to get new customers.
5. Search is a proven customer acquisition tool. Whether organic search or paid search, it is very clear that search marketing is an effective customer acquisition tool, and mobile search has only enhanced its effectiveness.
The most effective digital marketing strategy would utilise both search and social to their maximum potential. If you would like any help with Social Media or Search Engine Optimisation, feel free to give us a call at Network Intellect to discuss.