PPC Email Synnergy
Have you considered using PPC ad campaigns with Email sign up as a key goal?
Here are some ideas for you:
- Bid for search terms that tie into email well, like vouchers, discount codes, savings
- Build a landing page with easy email sign-up, explaining the benefits of joining clearly
- Build several varients and test for the best (easy enough to check this in Google Analytics and run experiments in Adwords.
- Segment traffic to different ad groups and landing pages, so that you can create segmented lists automatically
- You could have several email templates and target offers to different segments. And in the sign up page give options of which things the user might be interested.
- After sign up the user can be directed to a part of your site, or skip it altogether if you prefer.
Email campaigns can work really well with PPC campaigns.
For advanced users, you can also promote GMAIL ads to people who are already on your list. These ads appear in the email browser page and can contain multiple images and categories. These also tend to have low cost per click.
GMAIL ads is a fairly unknown channel at present but it could be thought of as a fusion of email and PPC.
Its available through AdWords, and is part of their Display platform.
Some of the great things about GMAIL Ads is that you can target to audience affinities or to competitors websites. For example, you sell cheeses online. You can take a competitors URL and target to people who currently receive emails from them. This is a good way to reach new customers in a targeted way.