Pinterest lets you pin your favourite web objects to a virtual pinboard right from your web browser, but there is a lot more you can do with this useful service.
The social sharing site is not however just a collection of random photos/videos. You can use it to organise your life. Use Pinterest to make a wish list, a shopping list or a bucket list etc.
In terms of Pinterest etiquette, consider the etiquette for other normal online interactions:
1. Avoid using uppercase letters as it comes across as if you are shouting.
2. Choose your words carefully when you comment. Abusive, hateful, or violent language etc. can get you banned from the site.
3. Do not post obscene or offensive material. Remember that Pinterest is a public pinboard.
4. If you re-post someone else’s work, post famous works or images from a website, onto Pinterest, be sure to give credit and/or add a source link.
5. Report any distasteful content you see; even if it’s objectionable only to you.
If you could benefit from some assistance with maximising the effectiveness of your social presence, or any other aspects of digital marketing, then please give us a call at Network Intellect and have a discussion with one of our digital strategists.