Paid and Organic Social Media – Google Analytics
We can compare paid and organic efforts in social media by using Google Analytics. Firstly, we can see facebook.com/referral which is all the traffic coming from organic (free) posts. It is easy to find it.
Also, we can see facebook.com/social. We know if from our campaign tagged URL for my paid ads.
Google Analytics includes a dedicated set of reports.
- The Overview report ( social traffic as well as non-social traffic)
- Network Referrals report ( all of our social traffic within Google Analytics)
- Landing Pages report ( URLs that are landing on when they click through from links on networks)
- Conversions (total number of conversions and their value)
- Plugins report (onsite social activity that you’ve tracked – require setup)
- Users flow report (allows you to understand the navigation paths your social users are using once they’ve landed on your website)
Dark social refers to traffic that originates from networks that can’t be tracked.
There is solution like AddThis. It gives us the ability to understand the number of people copying URLs from website and sharing them.
AddThis adds extra information to the end of the URLs as people visit your website. This information (hashtag) means that when someone copies and pages that URL the share can be reported.
Finally, Native analytics it is in-built analytics of each social network.
If you need any help with increasing your search performance or on how to make more opportunities for your business, then please get in contact with us here at Network Intellect. Please get in contact with us here at Network Intellect.