Let’s Talk about SMS Marketing
Is SMS marketing still relevant in 2017? Definitely, It is still an interesting channel. SMS marketing is known and used for long time.
What are the benefits of SMS marketing?
- Firstly, timing, messages are delivered to phones immediate. This is very useful for campaigns that require urgent action.
- Secondly, information are send directly to individuals, forcing them to engage.
- Also, survey shows that open-rate is very high.
- Marketers notice big increase in mainstream markets in recent years. Operators offer unlimited calls and texts in contracts as standard.
How do customers judge SMS marketing?
- Firstly, Younger generation feel very positive.
- Secondly, 64% of consumers think businesses should use SMS more
- 70% think SMS is a good way to get customers attention
- Chinese consumers are significantly more mobile-oriented.
Statistics proof SMS strategy is very beneficial. SMS should be treated as a shorter email.
However, SMS should be used with caution. Messages should be tied to actions to ensure the message is relevant to the consumer at that time.
Also, SMS is not always the right channel but it has the potential to be very effective. SMS marketing is under-utilized. There are opportunities for direct engagement and quick action. It can work but only with right mobile marketing strategy.
Finally, If you have any questions around anything, feel free to get in touch. We would love to hear from you.