Ideal Expanded Text Ad
How to create ideal expanded text ad? To start the most important factor is quality.
High CTR mean that ad convince a user to click and visit a site. Landing pages influence number of the conversions. It is important for every marketer to experiment and monitor results. Then we can find out what is the best for our business. Study shows that expanded text ad are 28 percent better than legacy ads.
Using dynamic keyword insertion (DKI) is one of the oldest tricks. They can improve CTR by about 55 percent. The best ads are the ones where advertisers take the time to create a strong message rather than relying on DKI. Path 1 and Path 2 are new fields that can be used to supplement the visible URL with some more text to tell users what the landing page is about. Surprisingly using just Path 1 correlated to a better CTR than using both path fields.
Also, repeats the keyword in the ad, we wondered if repeating the same words used in the Path fields in the rest of the ad would benefit the CTR. Using the Path text in the headlines seems to reduce the CTR.
Lazy headline creation with lots of repetition of keywords doesn’t appear to be a good strategy but re-using the text from Path 1 and Path 2 seems beneficial. Also more text is not always better. Very short headlines actually had a much better CTR.
According to Google well-optimized ETAs should far outperform well-optimized legacy ads.
- Dynamic Keyword Insertion doesn’t perform well in ETAs.
- Use the headlines to make a compelling argument, and don’t just stuff them with keywords from path1 and path2.
- Use path fields, but using two paths may be overkill.
- Write a headline that makes sense, and don’t worry about using up all the characters.
- Use all the space you have in the description field.
- If you want to run mobile-preferred expanded text ads, use Ad Customizers.
If you need any help with increasing your search performance or on how to make more opportunities for your business, then please get in contact with us here at Network Intellect. Please get in contact with us here at Network Intellect.