How To Create An Impressive LinkedIn Bio
LinkedIn is the choice of professionals when it comes to social networking.
It is a great tool for finding like-minded people within your industry, as well as searching for jobs and connections which are of value to you.
With around 150 million users, the demographics are very different on LinkedIn than they are on other social media sites, and the site is mostly used by males between the ages of 25 and 57 years, although this is something that is changing.
What isn’t changing though is the fact that you really want your profile to make a professional impact. It is therefore worth spending some time on your bio. This will ensure that you show up in search results and you can really use the site as a platform for showcasing your professional interests.
In order to get the most from LinkedIn, it is vital that you complete your profile in full. You need to ensure you update your bio with the following information:
1. Work history, skills and qualifications should be completed on the site
2. Upload your CV and ensure that it is always fully up-to-date
3. Have a professional-looking profile picture
4. Key skills-think about what you want people to pick up on that you can deliver professionally and use as keywords on your profile
5. Recommendations- ask anyone you have worked with in the past to provide you with one and do the same for them
6. Do not add people randomly and often-make sure that you add connections who are most likely to be valuable. Do not put personal updates, as LinkedIn is about work.
It is essential that your profile is fully filled out if you want to be noticed, and it is also vital that you keep it up to date. Once you have your profile in place, you can then begin to look at how best you can network.
If you would like any help with developing a successful social media strategy, or help with any other areas of digital marketing, please feel free to speak to one of our digital strategists at Network Intellect.