Facebook Images and Engagement
Facebook images influence users very strongly. Visual content is transmitted to the brain extremely fast. But not all images are created equal, and not all images perform equally well, either.
How to increase engagement with your Facebook page?
- Firstly, interact with real people. Images of real people in genuine situations perform better than stock photos and staged models.
- Secondly, concentrate on faces. Human expressions are extremely powerful.
- Use genuine, interesting lifestyle imagery. Present the brand story in realistic settings.
- Accompanying copy should be short and sweet.
- Encourage short comments, people don’t have time for lengthy responses to complicated questions.
- Create Image Galleries.
- Don’t ignore nostalgia effect, viewers love reminiscing about the past.
- Experiment with timing and audience alertness.
Pictures are very important on all portals. Every audience is different but experiments always pay off. Facebook provides a lot of data allowing marketers to evaluate the best mix of image format, subject matter, topics and links.
Photos receive more likes on Facebook than the average post and 84 percent more link clicks.
What you learn here can help in facebook ad building.
It is also surprising how few businesses maintain an organised image library. But it is increasingly iumportant to create good websites, emails, social campaigns and ads. It’s also important in rapidly making good, professional marketing materials, and can save a lot of time.