Effective email marketing
There certainly seems to be a slight difference of opinion when it comes to effective email marketing. One recent report states that email marketing is the most lucrative digital channel, whilst another states that just over half of consumers delete half their emails without even reading them. The main reason for this is purely because they receive so many marketing emails and with peoples busy lives there is just no way to read or look at them all.
An effective email marketing campaign must stand out amongst the hundreds of other emails in peoples inboxes.
Call to Action
Personalising the email is vital for the reader to find it interesting and want to read more. Adding images enables them to visualise the product and immediately understand what the email is about. Ensure your email has a worthwhile call to action, which grabs the consumer straight away.
Effective on all devices
People have to be able to read all emails on desktop, tablet & smartphone so ensure the email is compatible with these.
There are a few things to consider during email marketing optimisation.
- Focus on the subject line.
- You shouldn’t resort to spammer techniques just to get a few more opens in the short run.
- Processes and planning are key to success.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven marketing automation platforms allow you to craft programs that adapt to the every changing needs of the consumer.
- AI allows us to analyze data, understand consumer platforms and channel preference.