How to Avoid Google’s Mobile Sign up Form Penalty?
There is a few tacktics marketers can use to avoid the penalty and continue collecting new subscribers from mobile devices.
In January 2017 Google made statement:
“Starting today, pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as high.”
Google now penalizes websites with forms that interrupt mobile users from consuming site content.
There are certain types of form which could be affected:
- Pop up forms that cover the main content of a page
- Slide in forms that cover the main content of a page
- Full page forms that completely cover the content on a page
- Page takeover forms that need to be dismissed before a user can see content
In conclusion, If you wish to avoid penalty, you should not display any of these forms for your mobile users. You should turn off these forms immediately.
Consequently, there are still plenty of non-intrusive ways to show your forms without being penalized by Google.
You can use:
- Use top or bottom bar forms
- Add embedded forms to the site
- Take adventage of click to open form