AdWords & Search Console
AdWords & Search Console help understand paid and organic search correlation. Link both is easy.
It is enough to just:
- Click the gear on the top right and select “linked accounts”.
- Then navigate to the Search Console option.
- Select “Details” and click the + on the next screen to add your property.
Unfortunately new Google AdWords interface doesn’t have a dimension tab that will allow you to export report.
Firstly, navigate back to the previous AdWords interface by clicking the gear in the top right corner and selecting “return to the previous AdWords”. From there, select dimensions and “paid & organic” in the drop-down menu.
In this report, you will see two types of queries: “Both shown” and “Ad shown only,”
- Both shown: when your organic and paid listing rank for the same query.
- Ad shown only: reports on search queries that trigger an AdWords ad impression, but no organic listing.
There are three sections that define the data points:
- Ad Stats,
- Organic Stats,
- Combined ad and organic stats
While organic click-through rate beats paid search CTR for branded terms, organic click-through rate for branded search terms improves by 17% when a paid result appears at the same time as the organic result.
This is the reason why this report can be very useful.