30-Second Unskippable Pre-Roll Youtube Ads
What is the most annoying thing on youtube? Non-skippable in-stream ads are video ads that may appear pre, mid or post viewing content. Unskippable youtube ads are not users favourite for obvious reasons.
Google has announced that in 2018:
30-second pre-roll ads that can’t be skipped will no longer be available on the popular online video destination. It is fantastic news for users.
- It will improve ad experience for youtube lovers. Especially that Facebook doesn’t have pre-roll video ads because CEO Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t like them.
What would be the best video ad format?
- Firstly, unskippable ads that are shorter than 30 seconds.
- Six-second bumper ad format, which was launched last year is a bet. It seems unlikely that unskippable ads will ever go away.
- Creating successful adverts in a six-second format will be a continued challenge for advertisers.
- This might be a reason why many of them continue to use unskippable ads of the maximum length.
In conclusion, It is great news that Google is discontinuing this disliked advertising format. They are always at the most inconvenient times. It is extremely irritating.
Finally consumers think that they are boring, uninteresting and disruptive, and Google has listened.