10 Stats About Social Media Site Instagram
The social media site, Instagram is only three years old and is now owned by Facebook. It is set to become a major player on the social Web. Along with its expanding user base, Instagram has attracted more and more brands, too. While Instagram isn’t quite at the same level of Facebook or Twitter when it comes to brand adoption, it is well on its way.
Read on for 10 interesting stats about the social media network:
1. Instagram has 100 million monthly active users
2. 40 million photos are posted per day
3. There are 8,500 likes per second on Instagram
4. 1,000 comments are made per second
5. 26 of the top 100 brands have more than 10,000 Instagram followers
6. 10 of the top 100 brands have over 100,000 followers
7. Of the brands that use Instagram, 41% now post at least one photo per week
8. 98% of Instagram photos posted by top brands are now shared to Facebook
9. 14% of Internet users between the ages of 30 and 49 use Instagram
10. Only 3% of Internet users between the ages of 50 and 65 use Instagram
It is good to bear in mind that in social media anything is possible but you have to put in a high level of effort in order to get the successful result you are looking for.